ltp-devs team mailing list archive

LoCo Portal Setup

So I have recently tried to set up a local instance of the LoCo portal to hack on, but it won't set
up properly. I have reported this in https://launchpad.net/bugs/1542774.

Also the published version is behind on loco.ubuntu.com.

I would really like to start helping with fixing LoCo portal bugs, but it seems that I need a
working environment to do this. :)

I was pointed to daker but I feel like he is on this mailing list and he might be able to shed some
light on this. I also think the other people here might be able to shed some light on this as well.

Also, I am just curious as to why development just...stopped. Lack of motivation or was there an
event that sparked this? If it is the former, I would definitely like to pick up some slack where
needed.

The only problem is, I haven't looked at the bug yet, but once it's fixed, you will expect quite a
few merge proposals from me. I don't know if the bug is easy to fix though, so if someone could take
a peek, that would be great.

Also, if you feel inclined, I proposed to join the team on Launchpad, and I really think I could
provide some new energy and motivation to make the LoCo Portal ten times better. As the leader of
the Ubuntu US Wisconsin LoCo Team, this is a vital tool for us, and I would really like to see
things better. I have brought a lot of new energy to my LoCo and I feel I can do the same if it's
needed here. Just putting that out there. :)

Also, https://bugs.launchpad.net/loco-team-portal/+bug/1542697 would be good to look at, I have made
some LoCo blog posts that I would like to see on the LoCo portal. :)

--
Have a nice day,Simon Quigleytsimonq2Contact for the Ubuntu US Wisconsin LoCo TeamLubuntu Contributor