lubuntu-brainstorming team mailing list archive

my first wish-list for Lubuntu 14.04 LTS

Hi fellow brainstormers,

This is my first wish-list for Lubuntu 14.04 LTS

1. Full LTS: 5 years (April 2014 - April 2019)

2. As good hardware support as possible for ageing hardware

Recently I wrote:
--
"I am also eagerly looking forward to the next LTS release, which is
planned to be the first one including Lubuntu

But for the really old computers, 10+ years, I think 14.04 LTS will be
no alternative. I still think 12.04 LTS based versions/derivatives with
LTS are good alternatives until April 2017.

If some important driver for your computer is missing in 13.04 and
13.10, because that hardware has been abandoned by newer Ubuntu
versions, I fear the same of 14.04 LTS, so the best alternatives remain

- LXLE and

- PreciseGnomeClassicTweaks by kansasnoob alias Lance"
--

I wish that this scenario will not come true, but instead that the
driver support of 12.04 LTS will be carried over to 14.04 LTS. Of course

3. The basic Lubuntu version should be kept rather lean (CD size). I
prefer adding packages instead of removing some of them after the
installation.

4. We can make meta-packages or use some other method to add certain
typical environments with software and tweaks to the basic Lubuntu version.

Best regards
Nio

Follow ups