lubuntu-brainstorming team mailing list archive

[Blueprint sound-mixer] Include a graphical sound mixer by default

Blueprint changed by srikanth:

Whiteboard changed:
  Option #1: amixer; needed to open a terminal, not suitable for a newbie / lazzy
  Option #2: pavucontrol (depending on libpulse libraries); can put one-click handy icon on panel
  I support pavucontrol, and I think it needs the whole pulse-audio kit, but if that is not an option, you need to find something else /nio

  Pavucontrol does require the pulse-audio kit, but I believe it is quite worth it (unless there is a performance hit I don't know of). A mucher better volume manager then any others.
  --Baron

  [amjjawad] +1
  and, this must be fixed: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/832939/volumecontrol.ogv
+
+
+ [Srikanth - India]
+ In simple words, every user would like to see easy to use VOlume controller as in Windows(or ubuntu)...with Sliders....To be honest, alsa mixer is not so user friendly :(...

--
Include a graphical sound mixer by default
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/lubuntu-brainstorming/+spec/sound-mixer