lubuntu-brainstorming team mailing list archive

Re: [Lubuntu-wiki-docs] Project Placement: how to get support/help for Lubuntu at the right places

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 7:14 AM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) <amjjawad@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 3:14 PM, Iberê Fernandes <ibere.fernandes@xxxxxxxxx
> > wrote:
>
>> Guys,
>>

> Hello my friend,

Hi everybody!

>> I started to show on some of our social media channels different ways to
>> get a good support/help for Lubuntu.
>>

> You are doing a great job, thanks a lot :)
> This is very much needed and hopefully we can manage to educate our users
> and community.

really awesome Ibere!

>> Why? Too many people asking for help on Facebook and G+ and:
>> a) not getting the appropriate help;
>> b) FB and G+ are "walled" places and the knowledge is not spreaded around
>> the web;
>> c) there are right places to do and get support but many friends using
>> Lubuntu are not aware of them.
>>

> Indeed, and the problem is, people don't actually 'read' :(
>
> This Link/Page: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/ContactUs
> Must show and explains clearly where a user should expect to have
> support/technical support
>
> I do know for a fact that this page:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/ContactUs needs some clean up.
>
> There is a new version I have set for Ubuntu GNOME Team:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/ContactUs
>
> I think the difference is quite clear.
>
> I have purposed that to the Wiki Team already a month ago or so. I think
> it is time to start working in that area :)

I am working on a preview! it will be ready in a couple of days! :D and you
might send a feeback about the new style ;)

>> I'll also post workarounds/tips/tutorials/screencasts and everything to
>> enhance the Lubuntu user experience.
>>

>> If you know something cool and you would like to share, drop your idea on
>> FB or G+.
>>
>> If you do not like those social media channels, drop an email/suggestion
>> to lubuntu-users@ and I'll be pleased to share on social media.

An important thing to keep in mind!

>> Some of the latest shares: OBI installer
>> FB:
>> http://i.imgur.com/16Z4rgQ.png
>>
>> G+:
>> http://i.imgur.com/vV3XNNO.png
>>

>> Best regards,
>>
>> --
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Ibere-Fernandes
>>

> I have a NEW idea :)
>
> Because, not everyone on Facebook, Google+, Ubuntu Forums, AskUbuntu, etc
> ... the BEST way, IMHO, is to find a general channel that can be accessed
> by ANYONE and EVERYONE without logging in, etc. You just need:
>
> Internet Connection + Your Browser :)
>
> Usually, a website should do this job but since we don't have control over
> our own website (!!!!!) then, how about:
>
> http://wowlubuntu.blogspot.com
>
> I know the Wiki Pages could do that job too but as you know, maintaining a
> Wiki Page is not a very easy task. While on this blog, you can have a link
> to whatever you want to share with your community and when the source gets
> updated, you don't have to do anything as long as that link is still exist
> on your blog :)

we might have both, no?...