lubuntu-brainstorming team mailing list archive

Re: [ATTENTION] Lubuntu Website

Hi,

The Waiting Period is over now :)

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 1:02 PM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) <amjjawad@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Dear Communications Team and Brainstorming Team,
>
> May I have you attention, please?

For 5 days, no one has replied except Sergio? Hmm, this is not good :)

> First of all, for those who are now aware of this, Lubuntu Team or at
> least those who are still active and around, they don't have access on the
> Website of Lubuntu and can't update it often. This is a long story that I
> am avoiding for now but at the same time, I feel that I must jump in and do
> something about this due to the huge importance of Lubuntu 14.04 for us as
> a community and for our users and because of all that, I can't remain
> silent about this anymore.
>

> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/lubuntu-brainstorming/+spec/lubuntu-website
>
> I know some of you may not be so patient and wait for a response from
> anyone. Therefore, this email :)
>
> 1- I am working side by side with some good members of Lubuntu Community
> to come up with a solution to this issue once and for all. Patience is
> required, my good friends :)
>
> 2- I have Plan B in mind in case our mission will fail and we won't be
> able to solve the website issue so rest assure that we will not give up so
> easily ;)
>
> 3- For the last 2 years of Lubuntu Community History, there were VERY few
> who were super active and heavily involved, doing the dirty job and jump in
> whenever needed. THIS SHOULD BE HISTORY NOW. I ask each and everyone to be
> responsible and HELP and WORK as a team. You are not required to do much,
> just do something because you are part of this team. I am not going to ask
> you what you need to do, that should come from you ;)
>
> 4- "We must all have a great sense of responsibility and not let things
> happen because everyone takes the comfortable view that someone else is
> looking after it. Someone else isn't looking after it = Team Work.
>

> I have updated the above Blueprint with the latest progress and if there
> is anything new, I will update it right away.
>
> As for Plan B, you need to be patient :) I don't want to discuss that
> while there is still some hope :)
>
> I expect your support and help in this issue, simply because, you belong
> to the best community in the world and part of the best system in the world
> and it is a pleasure to be part of this community :)
>
> Thank you!

https://lists.launchpad.net/lubuntu-comms/msg00726.html

And, until date, there is NO reply from Mario nor anyone else who at least
'claims' that he/she is in charge :)

Before I carry on with the idea I had in mind, I must be extra honest with
all of you.

Lubuntu Team has a big issue which is LACK of communications. I have failed
to find a logical explanation to this. I don't want to make it even worse
but I personally do NOT like the way this team is heading. Yes, we are all
volunteers and yes, real life comes first and all that is totally
understood but what happened to the word: 'commitment' ??? even if this is
a volunteer job or task, people who are in charge/action must communicate
and everyone who thinks he is involved must communicate. Am I missing
something here? is there any other communication channel that I am not
aware of?

*Okay, the plan is:*

Since we haven't received any reply, I do suggest to focus our attention
on: [http://lubuntublog.blogspot.com] instead of the website that WE, as
Lubuntu Team, has NO control over.

This suggestion/idea is based on many reasons:

1- Rafael is the administrator of Lubuntu Blog and he is around and reply
his emails and jump in to help and roll up his sleeves every time we need
his help. He is a real active member who deserves our full respect.

2- Lubuntu Blog can be updated, corrected, publish, etc ... it is an active
channel that WE do have control over.

3- Dealing with Lubuntu Blog is piece of cake. You can always update,
correct mistakes, etc. No big deal.

4- Rafael, AFAIK, doesn't mind to give 'Author' Access to members who are
interested to publish some news and he can remain the admin of the site for
technical issues, etc.

5- Many Websites are based on 'Blog' concept: Peppermint and Ubuntu GNOME
are both based on WordPress: http://ubuntugnome.org/ and
http://peppermintos.com/

So, what do you think?

And, as you may know, it is very easy to focus and drag everyone's
attention to the blog ;)
On Wiki Area and Social Media (Facebook, Google+ and Twitter), we can make
an announcement that  Lubuntu Blog is our main channel and let the website
idle as it is.

Few days ago, I changed the access for Mario from Facebook Page Manager to:
Mario Behling
Insights Analyst<https://www.facebook.com/pages/edit/?id=105956559439428&tab=admin_roles#>
Mario can view insights.

He did not send me yet asking why is that which proves he is either not
interested, or very busy, or inactive and if you ask me, the
managers/admins roles must be given to active people :)

Don't get me wrong, my good friends but you see, I am doing my best here
and sharing all my thoughts with you but I am NOT a superman, I can't do
everything all by myself. I am tired of being super active :) we need to
work as a TEAM. Can we?

Thank you!

Best Regards,