lubuntu-brainstorming team mailing list archive

[Blueprint lubuntu-sub-teams] Overall Review and Re-Assignment for Lubuntu Sub-Teams

Blueprint changed by amjjawad:

Whiteboard changed:
  [amjjawad] Send an Email to everyone who left on the already DEAD Team -
  https://launchpad.net/~lubuntu-support - and processed with shutting it
  down since it has never ever been used and since everyone is giving
  support else where and there is absolutely no need to maintain a
  launchpad team - no one has the time to look after that. I have sent an
  email a month ago but there was no reply, which indeed proves that this
  team is dead - https://lists.launchpad.net/lubuntu-support/msg00056.html

  Reasons to shut down this Sub-Team (Support Team):

-    - It has never ever been used
-     - which means waste of resources (time and effort) to maintain a Launchpad Team
-     - Support is given on each and every channel by many people
-     - The idea of having a Sub-Team for Support is to organize the people who are interested in Technical Support which never ever happened
-     - Other Communities like Xubuntu and Ubuntu GNOME have no separate support team
-     - We can always re-create a Sub-Team if we feel the urgent need for that
-     - There is NO ONE at the moment to look after this team right now
-     - Team and members of this sub-team were both inactive and with no activities whatsoever
-     - Lubuntu Community has its own way to provide support on various channels
-     - The Priority for this cycle is to have an LTS Release and re-evaluate each and every Sub-Team.
+    - It has never ever been used
+     - which means waste of resources (time and effort) to maintain a Launchpad Team
+     - Support is given on each and every channel by many people
+     - The idea of having a Sub-Team for Support is to organize the people who are interested in Technical Support which never ever happened
+     - Other Communities like Xubuntu and Ubuntu GNOME have no separate support team
+     - We can always re-create a Sub-Team if we feel the urgent need for that
+     - There is NO ONE at the moment to look after this team right now
+     - Team and members of this sub-team were both inactive and with no activities whatsoever
+     - Lubuntu Community has its own way to provide support on various channels
+     - The Priority for this cycle is to have an LTS Release and re-evaluate each and every Sub-Team.

  For all the above reasons, I highly recommend to shut it down.
- - - - - - - - - -
+ - - - - - - - - -

  [ibere-fernandes] Just keep the wiki or move to somewhere else. The welcome message is used on social media, specially Lubuntu Official at Facebook.
  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/SupportTeam
+ - - - - - -
+
+ [amjjawad] I am sorry, I should have updated this Blueprint regarding
+ Lubuntu Communications Team - https://launchpad.net/~lubuntu-comms - but
+ what happened in the last week was so quick and a lot so I had no time
+ to update it. Anyway, there are a lot can be found on the Archive of the
+ Mailing List of Lubuntu Communications Team so I will avoid posting
+ links and stuff here. Long story short, the 2nd assessment is done and
+ the Communications Team is settling down step by step. The team now has
+ a new ACTIVE owner and I shall remain as an admin to help whenever
+ needed.

--
Overall Review and Re-Assignment for Lubuntu Sub-Teams
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/lubuntu-brainstorming/+spec/lubuntu-sub-teams