lubuntu-brainstorming team mailing list archive

Re: [Lubuntu-qa] [Proposal] LCC (Lubuntu Community Council)

Just my thoughts...

I hate 'councils' with a passion. I also hate the badge of 'team leader'
for the sub-groups. All any team requires is an admin person who looks
after the day to day 'paper work'. The lubunteers do the work and chat to
each other all the time. I fail to see how a 'council' would help in any
way and also feel it would drive people away. Let me just remind you of a
'rule' of freenode which is about catalysts.....

http://freenode.net/catalysts.shtml

I broke that, and resigned from my positions; but I do ask that you
consider this...

... not through the use of authority and special privilege, ....

When ubuntu-beginners created a council, it was the death, UBT no longer
exists.

So, other lubunteers, please think long and hard about raising a 'council';
IMHO, it is a really bad idea and even though I have stepped down from
'official' stuff... I wanted to let you know my thoughts.

My kindest regards,

Phill.