Nominate LXDE for the Community Choice Awards 2009 till May 29

Dear all,

currently projects can be nominated for the Community Choice Awards
2009 till May 29, 2009. I wrote an article on the LXDE blog
(http://blog.lxde.org/?p=341 see below), why I think LXDE should get
an award. If you like LXDE, the community and the goals, please
consider nominating the project.

We are continuously working on improving LXDE, making it a faster and
running well on energy efficient devices as well as making it easier
to use.

I am looking forward to keeping in touch with you. We always welcome
new members of the community.

Thank you for your support,

Mario

______________________________________

Please nominate LXDE for the Community Choice Awards 2009 till May 29,
2009: https://sourceforge.net/community/cca09/nominate/?project_name=LXDE+-+Lightweight+X+Desktop+Environment&project_url=http%3A%2F%2Fsourceforge.net%2Fprojects%2Flxde%2F

LXDE was started already in 2005 in Taiwan and has spread all over the
world. During the last year the project made big advances. New
components have been added and older ones were updated. We have formed
a viable translation project with people translating components from
Peru to Egypt to Japan to Germany and all around the globe. LXDE is
now included in many Linux distros, was ported to Google Android, has
been shown to work on BSD, and was established as a Desktop Project
for OpenSolaris.

During my recent travel to China I discovered that many of the small
Chinese hardware producers customize LXDE and use it on their devices.
LXDE offers new business opportunities for these producers. I have
received many emails of people using LXDE like in whole universities
in Brazil.

Please tell us your story how you use LXDE or participate in the
project and please show your support for LXDE and the growing
community by nominating the project for the community choice awards
2009. The LXDE project is still a project of a small community, but
looking to who is participating, we already achieved to form a truly
international project, which inspires me to continue supporting the
project and freely licensed Open Source projects in general.

The message of LXDE: International Free and Open Source development
across cultures and regions works! Faster, more lightweight and energy
efficient systems are possible!

There are many projects that deserve to get this awards. I certainly
believe LXDE should be one of them. I nominated LXDE for:

    * Best Project
    * Best Commercial Open Source Project
    * Most Likely to Change The Way You do Everything

Please join us. Thank you for your support!

Important Dates

    * May 6 - Nominations open
    * May 29 - Nominations close
    * June 22 - Finalists announced, voting opens
    * July 20 - Voting closes
    * July 23 - Winners are announced at OSCON

Links
* http://lxde.org
* http://sourceforge.net/projects/lxde/