Re: Lubuntu could end up like Xubuntu (Heavy & Slow)

hi all,

I think lubuntu should not meant for geeks only. It should appeal to the
mass just like ubuntu is for.
As for applications, we should not think too much about the disk space, as
disk space is not very critical less than cpu and ram nowadays, but it's
good to keep it below 2 GB after installation ... And before installation,
things are compressed into livecd, keep it under a livecd rather than
livedvd.

We should look at the memory requirements and cpu utilization more than disk
space.
This is what I saw as lightweight.

As for user friendly, normal users should not configure too much out of box.
It would make the distro unfriendly if the normal users have to configure
like geeks.

I know there are lots of geeks thoughts when designing the distro, but we
should look at the demography of people who will be using it, and which area
of people should we create the distro for, and also we should think more of
the mass, rather than ourselves, it's because we are more experience in
linux, does not mean a normal person who has no experience in linux can
think like us.

Regards
John Thng