Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 15:07:11 +0100
From: edwardahewitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: lubuntu-desktop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Lubuntu-desktop] Lubuntu could end up like Xubuntu (Heavy & Slow)

I believe its a bad idea having different versions of Lubuntu, having different meta packages of Lubuntu is not what lubutnu needs. Its all about lightweight distro. The Ubuntu guidelines requires the distro to have one build, lubuntu-desktop.

All we need to do is make sure that this single meta package is bundled with a few lightweight apps for the end user to require out of the box which works well with the LXDE environment.
--
www.edhewitt.co.uk