Re: Lubuntu could end up like Xubuntu (Heavy & Slow)

Hi everyone,

Good to see the sudden spike in mailing list activity. I definitely need time to follow the threads.

For those unaware, we have had 3 IRC meetings to discuss the goals and applications of Lubuntu. The logs are at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/IRC%20Meetings. The objective of the meeting was to narrow down the list of applications, and also to decide the goals of Lubuntu I urge patience to go through the logs to understand what has transpired so far.

I believe the goals of Lubuntu that was decided during that meeting is
that Lubuntu will be a lightweight distro with appropriate
functionality and usability. (Yes, I know that functionality and
usability have subjective meaning).

The list of applications at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Applications are just a list of applications we will choose for inclusion. Generally, only one will be included from each application category.

At the meeting, members have decided to include Firefox,
OpenOffice.org, VLC I am not sure if there will be changes following the
discussion on the mailing list. Perhaps this can be discussed in the
next IRC meeting?