Re: Mplayer and SMplayer problems

Le jeudi 17 septembre 2009 à 21:52 +0200, André Rebentisch a écrit :
> 2009/9/17 Julien Lavergne <gilir@xxxxxxxxxx>
> > Well I don't think there is such bad usability issue with
> gnome-player.
> > I can also see that this choice [of SMplayer] is against some
> principle :
>         - Only use libraries from other desktops when they are small
>         or
>         efficient enough and have few dependencies. (in this case QT)
>
> The very same applies to GTK+. GTK+ does not belong more to the family
> than QT. Additionally the Gnome-Player has very problematic Gnome
> integration dependencies.
There is no additionally Gnome depends when installing gnome-mplayer on
Lubuntu. Which depends is problematic ?

Also, you can't compare GTK+ when LXDE is build with, and another
toolkit which is added for only 1 application.

> We had a question about VLC, also QT based. Ideal would be a
> lightweight LXDE movie player. SMplayer looks like a great interim
> compromise for the application space.
Switching to VLC will give a reason to depends on QT, by solving the
problem of the non-free depends of mplayer :)