Re: Tested on MSI Wind U100

This touches upon many areas.  I will initially comment on a few.  In
respect to SD cards and lower cost SSD media, I think there is a lot we
can do to better optimize the user experience, even from install time,
and perhaps Lubuntu is the right place to think about doing this first.
 There is (naturally:) a blueprint I have on this topic:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/desktop-lucid-unr-ssd-optimizations

There were a couple of things I recall missing in the original seed for
Karmic, including a mixer.  These things will be addressed in the
Lubuntu seed for Lucid.  The usb creator can be used to take any iso cd
 install image and turn it into a USB install, so once we have a live
iso for Lubuntu Lucid, making it available for USB keys is very easy.
This is what is done for UNR in Karmic (and presumably Lucid), where we
distribute a CD ISO while most netbooks of course have no CD/DVD drive.

I like the idea of LXDE as a server gui for local admin as well.  Maybe
the place to start is with the mini-iso, where we could work on having
the ability to select ubuntu server and lxde desktop as a valid
combination.  In fact I was thinking of taking a netbook and using it as
a soho server, so it would be very logical to have lxde on that :).

Chromium is going to be used for UNE on ARM, and the same arguments
could apply to Lubuntu, where firefox is a resource hog.  Of course, I
think epiphany-webkit or something similar does also work well for
Lubuntu, and supports mozilla plugins including flash.

I would love to see more people asking more questions, not less :).

begin:vcard
fn:David Sugar
n:Sugar;David
org:Canonical