Re: Please let me know when Lubuntu is ready for early testing...

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 2:56 PM, Jeff Elkner <jeff@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,
> 1. Low income students who do not have computers at home.
> 2. "Free" older computers that I could give to them.
>
> The "free" computers vary, but they start at Pentium II or III
> processors with 128 MB or higher RAM.
> I would love to be able to get Lubuntu to install an run
> effectively on these machines, since it would enable students
> to use the computers for class projects at home.
>
> jeff elkner

Same for me / moi autant ;-)
PIIs / sub-700MHz PIIIs
128 MB up to 256 MB(max!) RAM
HD capacity   =<   40 GB
On such PCs:
Karmic 9.10 Xfce Ubuntu sluggish
Debian-stable "Lenny" w/ LXDE works acceptably
(debian-503-i386-xfce+lxde-CD-1.iso from download mirrors)
-----