Lubuntu ISO Alpha 0 - testing purpose only

Hi,

I just created an ISO of Lubuntu Lucid for testing purpose. But before
starting to download it, please read the following "release notes" :

* Using lxdm instead of gdm
This ISO uses a not-yet-in-the-official-repository version of lxdm, the
display manager of LXDE instead of gdm. I would like to test the state
of it and if it's possible to include it in Lubuntu.

* Using network-manager instead of wicd
This is a temporarily solution, my first tests reported that wicd
doesn't work on Live-CD.

* Doesn't have utilities (manage users, network etc ...)
It's a bug in gnome-system-tools (see bug 497441 [1]) which bring all
GNOME packages as depends. It was temporarily removed from the seed.

* Doesn't have an installation icon
See previous point, it's the same problem.

* Can't use synaptic, or any applications using gksu
It's a problem in lxdm, not creating an .Xauthority file. To workaround
it, you can do in a terminal "startx", which should crash but create the
necessary file. It's something to fix before trying to include lxdm.

* No customization, looks like a Ubuntu CD
Yes, I know. Artwork welcome :)

So, as everyone is warned, there is the link :
ISO : http://people.ubuntu.com/~gilir/lubuntu-lucid-20091220.iso
md5sum : 7fb4b82a7faadb209e2ae4ca831283e5

Last note, this ISO was created "by-hand" (mean by using
chroot/mksquashfs/mkisofs), because building with official architecture
is currently blocked (space problem on the server).

Happy testing :)

[1] :
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-system-tools/+bug/497441

Follow ups