Re: Lubuntu Lucid Alpha 1 "Preview"

Hi,

Le samedi 02 janvier 2010 à 10:58 +0100, Leszek Lesner a écrit :
> The ubuntu-restricted-extras will only install gstreamer-plugins-bad
> and gstreamer-ffmpeg. As SMPlayer might be using w32codecs which
> aren't packaged in ubuntu right now (only medibuntu as far as I know)
> we could create a shell scribt downloading the codec, but as it isn't
> offically ubuntu, I don't know really.
If it's outside Ubuntu official repositories, we can't do more than
mention the Medibuntu repo when people have problems with codecs, but we
can't include something like a script or an automated process to get
them.

> Btw. why still using smplayer ? I thought QT requirements should be
> avoided. Why not using gnome-mplayer (making a vote perhaps to choose
> the right media player)
Feel free to open a discussion on the mailing list, I'll support the
switch to gnome-mplayer ;)

> The NewWave Theme I created would be also nice to integrate:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Artwork/Incoming/Lucid/NewWave
Maybe in the next release, like other piece of artwork.

> PS: The fonts problem described is caused because LXDE doesn't have
> font-hinting(like gnome or KDE have).
>
> BUGs I noticed:
> - Isolinux boot menu localization is not completed (I think we need to
> recompile the *.tr files here, but I am not quite sure)
Do you know which locale are missing ?

> - Right cick menu on desktop points to windowmanagers (openbox) menu.
> (Simply change default config of pcmanfm to fix this)
It is intentional, the openbox menu provide IMO more interesting
features than the pcmanfm one. It will be revert if users are not happy
with it.

> - Still using sylpheed (its outdated ! come on who stores passwords in
> cleartext !? Fix: Switch to claws-mail (localization support and by
> far better plugin support, spam filter etc. )
It's not outdated, it's the last version released some days ago. Feel
free also to open a discussion on the mailing list for another email
client.

> - Some apps seem too have to big default window size considering using
> them on the eeePC or any other netbook.
Names ?

> - We should consider removing PyNeighborhood if the gvfs
> implementation in pcmanfm2 is completed (2 apps for solving the same
> issues here, see Ubuntu which only ships with nautilus(file-manager)
> for browsing ftp)
Only when pcmanfm2 will be completed.

> Suggestions:
> I attached a little modified openbox config which changes some of the
> hotkeys (e.g. WIN+D for hide to desktop, CTRL+ALT+D opens up pcmanfm,
> CTRL+ALT+T opens up terminal)
Thanks, I'll merge it to the current config file.

> I would also suggest adding a screenshot application. As you can see
> in the modified openbox config, I am currently using scrot. It stores
> the files directly in the home folder with current date and time as
> file name.
Good idea.

> Tiling Windows is a nice and interesting way to add a kinda expose
> effect to openbox. I found
> http://ftp.unixdev.net/pub/debian-udev/pool/main/t/tile/ which may
> work. (not tested yet) and http://pytyle.com/wiki/Main_Page . Sadly
> they seem not be packaged in ubuntu.
tile seems very old, not sure it still working.
pystyle need to be packaged, and only after this we can considering it
for inclusion.