Re: Lubuntu Lucid Alpha 2 "Preview 2"

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 12:02:37 -0000, Zoltan Matlak <matlakzoli@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Experience with Alpha2 release:

1. If there is an internet connection during install it installs OpenOffice
by default. If you don't want OO, just disable your internet connection, it
worked for me...  this is just a temporary solution (I hope
There is an option to abort this during install

2. Still can't change keyboard layout (no option in GUI, had to reinstall)
3. Can't change timezone (no option in GUI) - had to reinstall OS in order
to change it at setup time
4. xscreensaver /usr/share/backgrounds/ is still missing (directory has to
be created manually, same problem was there in Aplha1)
5. On my compaq nc6320 wifi card (broadcom) was not recognized (had to
install jockey-gtk). This is same in regular Ubuntu as well.
6. No flash plugin in browser (not sure if this is planned in final release
or not). I installed it manually.
Flash was loaded here but, it I did ask it to import sttings from the other install on the machien.

7. Printing got included in this release (was missing in Alpha1), but stil
can not add printer ("New" and "Server/Settings" is disabled )

Not tested the rest yet, waiting for aqualung to build a music store. No music no computing

--
Steve