Re: Lubuntu Lucid Alpha 2 "Preview 2"

Hi,

Thanks for the testing.

Le lundi 25 janvier 2010 à 13:02 +0100, Zoltan Matlak a écrit :
> 1. If there is an internet connection during install it installs
> OpenOffice by default. If you don't want OO, just disable your
> internet connection, it worked for me...  this is just a temporary
> solution (I hope :)
It's because the language support include a OO package, which cause OO
to be installed when the language package is updated during the
installation. I think ubiquity should be patched to add an option to not
install this package. The same problem is for the language-selector
program.

> 2. Still can't change keyboard layout (no option in GUI, had to
> reinstall)
This should be a feature request for lxinput.

> 3. Can't change timezone (no option in GUI) - had to reinstall OS in
> order to change it at setup time
If you go to the Menu => Preferences => Time and Date, you can change
the timezone. However, a way to launch it directly on the clock applet
would be nice :)

> 4. xscreensaver /usr/share/backgrounds/ is still missing (directory
> has to be created manually, same problem was there in Aplha1)
See bug 129769.

> 5. On my compaq nc6320 wifi card (broadcom) was not recognized (had to
> install jockey-gtk). This is same in regular Ubuntu as well.
Good addition, I missed this one. There not so much depends for this and
it's an easy way to install drivers.

> 6. No flash plugin in browser (not sure if this is planned in final
> release or not). I installed it manually.
The gnash plugin is installed. However, the support is pretty poor for
now. The flash-nonfree driver is also not an option. We also can't
include the java-nonfree plugin.

> 7. Printing got included in this release (was missing in Alpha1), but
> stil can not add printer ("New" and "Server/Settings" is disabled )
I forgot one piece of the stack (cups), should be fixed for the next
release.