Re: Default Browser

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 19:30:40 -0000, Julien Lavergne <gilir@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Le samedi 30 janvier 2010 à 17:06 +0000, Steve a écrit :
What sort of spec are we talking about.
P4 1GB mem
P3 512MN mem
P2 256MB mem

For memory, 256MB is the target, maybe lower if we can. 128Mb should be
possible but for limited usage. 512Mb should be the top of the hardware
we want to support. More should be handle by standard Ubuntu version.
For now, Lubuntu session start between 50 and 60Mo.

For CPU, I can't test with limited hardware. I think the target is
between P2 and P3.

Well I have it booting up and doing an upgrade on a machine with a 266MHz PII Celeron and 64MB of RAM.
Running the Alpha 2 Live CD was impossible.

Load Average during apt-get update was just below 2.00

Load Average during apt-get upgrade was just above 2.00

I’ll see what web browsing is like and report back.

--
Steve