Re: Default Browser

On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 16:14:23 -0000, Glen Bizeau <gbizeau@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Firefox is a browser that people "expect" to see on a Linux
distribution. I know the footprint is a little larger on it, but I
think we should stick with the more comfortable/familiar choice in
this situation.

Which people expect FF?

Put on FF, if someone wants to change it later, let them do it.

That’s what I would have said at one time (last week :) )
But FF is seriously ponderous with 128MB of RAM and I’m rapidly coming to the conclusion that Midori is the way to go. Out of interest I tried Midori out on 'my class' this afternoon and they were quite happy with it. These people are computer illiterates who are rather frightened of the things, though getting less so.

--
Steve