Re: Last changes to applications installed by default

On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 05:49:00 -0000, Joe <xubuntu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On balance this all makes sense.

I think we should keep an eye on Midori to see how it develops as it
could provide a lighter alternative but Chromium probably has all the
best parts of Firefox without the bloat so although not my first choice
is probably the correct choice.

Looking forward to Alpha3

Joe

While I remain unconvinced Chromium is the best choice, a choice has to be made. I think Midori would have benefited from inclusion, but... it was not to be (at the moment). Once this distro sees the light of day and people start to use it on low powered/RAM machines we’ll have a lot more idea of users expectations.

Looking forward to a new ISO and the meeting.

--
Steve