Re: Lubuntu Lucid Alpha 3 "Shiny"

Hi,

Phill Whiteside schrieb:
Much better :-)

Just been having a general play (importing accounts to pidgin and chromium etc).

I did notice that x-chat is there as an IRC agent. When I was running it with 10.04 Ubuntu, I found it quite greedy for processor time (3 seconds / 10 seconds) - My laptop fan was running quite a lot.

Since changing to pidgin for IRC, I have a much quieter computer (and an un-burned lap)

As pidgin is going to be shipped, is x-chat required ? I'm just wondering what affect it was Vs pidgin on lower spec processors.
Pidgin is IMHO no real IRC client and misses a lot of features and behaviors in this regard.

I know that disk mounting was mentioned, but does / is lubuntu going to have the equivalent of "Places" to provide a GUI for mounting partitions, it is quite conceivable for a low specification computer to be dual booting.
As I saw it in the pcmanfm2 code it is planned to have a desktop icon for each mounted devices (perhaps even unmounted devices, if you want to mount them) + Drives and partitions will appear in the bookmarkspanel on the left.

Apart from that, absolutely fantastic !!!