Re: Some things I've found

Le lundi 01 mars 2010 à 18:39 -0500, Jeff Stone a écrit :
> Here's some observations I haven't seen addressed,
>
> The "quick search" entry field in Synaptic is always greyed out. I
> find it very useful, don't see any reason why we would be
> intentionally greying it out.
It's because the support of the quick search is not installed. I don't
think it's really necessary (you have already a search utility in
Synaptic), as it was quite CPU intensive last time I check it.

> My wifi is password protected, every time I log on, I have to enter
> the password, which is no big deal, but do I just have to install some
> keyring program? The obvious ones are already installed, so it's not
> clear what I should do.
gnome-keyring is already installed, but I think there is a problem with
LXDE + network-manager + gnome-keyring (see
http://forum.lxde.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1391 ). More debug will be
necessary for tracking the problem.