Other things to do with a Lubuntu installation

Hi,

I know that lubuntu's primary target group is low-spec computers, but it is
such a lovely low resource hungry distro, I suggest that we also include a
little 'something' to
let people know that it is a 'full' distro.

An example is mine, and a couple of others, using it as a great GUI for a
server (We're running LAMP).

As to some of the other things it can do, and do well, earlier we had a new
lubuntu'eer on #lubuntu asking about configuring up a dual monitor system
off their laptop.
It was painless, once I found a nice easy 'How-To'

Most laptops have an external monitor plug on them, and a lot of them can
stretch to dual display.

It took all of about 5 minutes, the result looks pretty good -->
http://i44.tinypic.com/2u8uikz.png

crazysoldier has said it is quite okay to use the screen-shot to show just
how good & easy Lubuntu is.

Another lubunteer, cousteau, has a patch for laptops so you can use the Fn
key for the numeric keyboard that lives amongst the 789uiojklm keys without
doing Fn-NumLock, it's a real small script that runs on startup if
installed.