Re: what to do

Le jeudi 08 avril 2010 à 22:38 +0100, Phillip Whiteside a écrit :
> Hi,
>

> you will have seen the emails going backwards and forwards regarding
> keeping a Lubuntu installation up to date.
>

> >>There is only one word to describe the act of providing console-only
> help to new
> >>users who are lost in the terminal:
>
> >>*LAZINESS*
>

> I have tried to my very limited knowledge to help the project as I
> best it I can. I take personal umbrage over that statement. I'm sorry
> if I got the instructions wrong / not quite "Click an Pick"
> expectations of an *buntu.   Beta versions do require an ability to go
> to CLI. The "'How-To" is only to be there for until the matter had
> been addressed in the system. Constructive crtiticsm   I am quite okay
> with. Telling me that I was "LAZY" to post the amendment to wiki page
> at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu#Download Lubuntu  I just wish I
> could point people over
> to http://forum.phillw.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=54#p73  from my thread
> at forum.phill I really do not know what more I could do to assist the
> Lubuntu
>

> LAZY ? follow the thread, look up the the links; I guess I'm more
> upset over "Trust"
>

> http://forum.phillw.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=54#p73
> http://forum.phillw.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=57
>

> Can I just say that I'm really sorry that the thread became that., I
> was only trying to help

Don't take it so seriously. People on the chan and this mailing list
know you are helpful. Helping people with something is better that do
nothing. And using command line for adding a PPA, well it's quite easy
to understand (is "add-apt-repository" so ... mystic ?). Especially in
development release.

Also flamewars about CLI/GUI is useless. Really, we have others thing to
do.