memory leak

hi Steve,

you will have read 'war and peace' which is why I missed you on IRC.
Addons... Hmmm,

1) Full LAMP Server aka 'main' Ubuntu - Updated as per updates by them; be
very surprised if it were that, else all hell would break out but I'm sure
the leak was here before that.

2) Chromium daily ppa - There WAS a memory leak but it was fixed ages ago -
that's why I changed to daily ppa a few weeks back.

3) All the stuff that pcman had me install to be able to compile pcmanfm
from source with debug on

I use pidjin for my Im/IRC stuff, bog-standard no additional stuff on that
one as they can cause problems. I found xChat to be very memory hungry, and
need IM as well as IRC

If you know of no-one seeing it, I'll put the beta2 onto a 'clean' partition
& see how it runs, the leak has always been very evident within a few hours.