Documentation and the 'dreaded' day

Hi,

long email, basically would like help with documentation that is to doc
standards of Canonical for when Lubuntu is accepted.

I've done a little bit of documentation for Lubuntu, I know leszek has done
some screen casts and others have 'how they did it' scribbled down on bits
of paper / scattered brain cells.

I am still very much a trainee at doing 'official documentation' to XML, but
I do have people helping me both in general terms, absolute correctness in
issuing commands and all the other bits required for me to actually 'make
the grade' to be a full member of the docs-team for all of Ubuntu.

I'm not a 'coder' that can assist in the checking of code, where I hope I
may assist in is providing documentation e.g. "How To's", "Tutorials" etc.
e.g.

But, while on the subject of 'clear text'; would something
>         like this be of the required standard (It's nothing special,
>         just me getting some practice in; I know I am to write in
>         third person, but am trying to get some way towards the basic
>         format in my mind.
hectic
forum.phillw.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=54#p73

>>Yes, the first post especially was written very well. There's an
>>appropriate degree of explanatory detail (lots!), the information is all
>>useful, and the presentation is very straightforward. Textbook, I would
>>say :)

So, I am getting there :-) He saved me the blushes on the other two, they
being http://forum.phillw.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=52 and
http://forum.phillw.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35

What I'd like to do with all your agreement, is get whatever community
documentation / links specifically for Lubuntu that we have all done listed
together before the end of April. Whether it be a Beta or RC release of
Lubuntu it is going to be taken up and used. The main Ubuntu forum simply
cannot answer specific to Lubuntu, so we really do need to pull what we have
together for a new user all together in one place. I offer an area on by
baby forum, I was thinking of making a forum area for Lubuntu instead of it
just being a thread within the general Ubuntu area. Setting the 'team' up as
members / moderators is a very quick task, as would be setting the area up.
The company I host with have no problem with 100(ish) people on there all at
once (and all advert free), I'm going to ask if it may be a mirror site for
the iso's, but am not sure if
a) it is required
b) if the boss would say okay. (I have a 'notional' cap of 2GB traffic /
month for the forum), I was told that could be scaled up very easily, but
just how easily to about 200GB+ / month for downloading iso's I don't know)

If you'd rather all the FAQ's and support be hosted on the LXDE forum or
some place else, I would simply need to transfer my stuff over there and
alter my signature link on the main Ubuntu forum to point to it. Most
importantly I need to let the the others on the Ubuntu forum that are
advocates of Lubuntu know where to point people to. 10.04 day is bedlam to
say the least and whilst wishing to keep Lubuntu quiet for a couple of weeks
may be the 'comfort-zone' the stats we all cheering about on
distrowatch.com/index.php?dataspan=1 means we are required to 'be there' or
get a real negative feed back.

My regards to you all,

Phill.
Roll on the Maverick Meerkat :-)