minimal install

Hi,

Re: the RAM required for Ubiquity

before I try this, I do realise that the team does not have the time to make
the minimal install cd using debs & really do wish I had the technical
knowledge to do so. Would burning the minimal cd from
archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/lucid/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/
and
then adding the lubuntu bits as per https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu#Keep
Lubuntu up-to-date work?

I've seen it tried and it does seem to work, in the absence of a more
elegant solution, would this be acceptable as a short term measure? (I'll
gladly try it and make notes, if you think it has a snowball in hells chance
of working)

I've got a couple of days of 'freedom', so please ask me to do anything that
may help, as you know I'm pretty much a n00b at a lot of things but would
really like to help as we approach the general ubuntu release date. I know
we're not fully tied to it, but I expect that we are going to be asked
things like this (Sorry to be a pain in the ass).