Re: Lubuntu documentation

Yes:
sudo aptitude update && sudo aptitude safe-upgrade

is an appropriate way to upgrade your system at CLI

the command:
gksudo leafpad

is the way to run leafpad as root, do NOT use sudo with GUI apps as you can
damage file ownerships as sudo does not setup the environment correctly.

Otherwise Lubuntu is no different to Ubuntu, it just has a different set of
default apps and a different default desktop (LXDE instead of Gnome) so any
guide you can find on Ubuntu will work. This is the same for KUbuntu which
uses KDE instead of Gnome and XUbuntu which uses XFCE instead of Gnome. They
are all Ubuntu under the hood.

Unlike Windows you can change your desktop environment very easily in Linux
and that is all that has changed to the system, what is under the hood is
exactly the same as all the other official releases.

HTH