Re: main ubuntu forum

On 04/28/2010 05:41 PM, Mario Behling wrote:
Hi Goh,

thanks for your input. Actually I think in regards to marketing
lubuntu is quite successful. There are thousands of blog entries and
many people are talking about it.

There was not a release for the general public yet and we are still at
the beginning.

So, any support from your side is welcome!

Ciao Mario

The following was sent to the Kubuntu-users mailing list and the
Ubuntu-mailing-list. But still ....I think there's more that can be done
not just by each of us, but the 'organizational' effort, especially if directed outside the ubuntu 'sphere' can be effective.
For example....

o media coverage, emphasizing lightness and speed with codecs and fonts.
o corporate free add-ons for broad-band providers (to give their customers) with customized browser and slypheed defaults. (how expensive can a 2Gb disk be?) which can be installed to the pc or as carry-on's. o tie-ins with companies like google (why not?) or yahoo; yes, google is coming out with their own OS, but their main profit target is not in OS, and other OS's which enables their main target objective would be welcome. Google giving out DNS is brilliant, gaining....

Sorry, got carried away...gosh, we might even make some money.
Heaven forbids  :)

But I'm sure you've got those covered,(and close to your heart) and more.

So take care now. - Goh Lip