Installation report on the wiki

I have completed an installation of Lubuntu Lucid Beta 3 on the low-end PC I have here in Italy. The report is on the wiki at:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/SubTeams/TestingSubTeam/InstallationReports/CDavidRigby_Goldrake_LubuntuLucidBeta3_LiveCDInstallation_01

I will add more to this report as I work w/ LLB3 a bit more in the coming days.

I have set up a specific wiki page for Installation Reports:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/SubTeams/TestingSubTeam/InstallationReports

As well, there is a template to help create the reports:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/SubTeams/TestingSubTeam/InstallationReportTemplate

Any and all feedback is welcome. In particular, your opinions on these questions is solicited:

1. Is it worthwhile way to collect information on installations in the wiki in this fashion? I. e., is it of use to the developers and other users as a way of collecting and presenting feedback?

2. Assuming the answer to 1. is "Yes", what should be added/changed/deleted from the template to make it more useful?

3. Are the instructions in the source of the report template sufficient for new users to be able to easily and successfully create installation reports?

As an aside, it would be easier to do this sort of thing with a form on a website, IMHO. Once upon a time, wiki's were created to make it easier for novices to write on the web without knowing HTML. I'm not sure that is any longer the case. I'm familiar with creating forms under Drupal using CCK & Views. Other CMS packages probably have a similar facility. Anyway, just a thought.

Cheers
David

Follow ups