Lubuntu 10.04 "final" beta: issue with WEP on P1120

I have a Fujitsu Lifebook P1120 ("original" netbook form factor). It has a Transmeta Crusoe CPU at 800Mhz - about equivalent to 400 Mhz Intel - and 240 MB usable RAM. Lubuntu runs fairly slow compared to Puppy Linux, but acceptable - about equivalent to my Nokia n810 Internet Tablet: click/tap, wait a few seconds.

Pro:
One nice aspect is that it supports the P1120 touchscreen (unless coming back from suspend, in which case both touchscreen and trackpoint fail to respond - same thing I have seen with Crunchbang 9.04 and Puppy 4.x).

BUG:

This is a deal-breaker for me: the WEP 128 support for the built-in Prism wifi is failing to decrypt the packets from 2 different access points (AP) in my house, whereas that was never a problem with Puppy or Crunchbang on this PC. I look at the iwconfig output, and it seems to be associated, and the correct keys are shown, which I compare to the key settings (copy/pasted from file on flash drive I always use for this wifi setup to avoid mistakes in key entry) of another notebook accessing the same AP's, and they are identical. The "good" PC shows zero "invalid crypt" counts, but the P1120's invalid crypt counts keeps climbing, so it looks like something is wrong with the WEP decryption implementation.

I could connect via the wired interface, and got a kernel update last nigth (I think - with several other updates), and the version is now 2.6.32-22-generic.

TIA,
RO