minimal install

Hi Julien,

I know that you do not have time to make a minimal iso, however having
chatted to some 'nice people' it appears that I (or anyone) should actually
be able to do it. It's called remastersys and how it works is at
http://psychocats.net/ubuntu/remastersys I've no need to bore you with how
it works, simply put - It takes your installed system and creates an iso
with an md5 checksum.

Once you have (all) stopped laughing, according to the wiki entry
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remastersys  You can make it CLI install. So,
I'd follow the minimal install instructions onto a partition & then make the
iso (in theory). Well, I'm willing to give it a try if you think it may be
of help.

On a slightly different note, but to save me posting another email to you. I
was asking ibuclaw about why the cd would fail self test, yet pass the other
md5checksum test. Ibuclaw asked when you would be about, he was running
through some stuff with me but it was way over my technical knowledge. He
said that he could have a chat with you. As you know, Iain has already
provided one patch to lubuntu (pcmanfm) and I count him as one of the 'nice
people' I chat to on the 'official' ubuntu area.

If you keep an eye on ##ufbt you will be able to see if he is logged on
(yes, I have been given permission for you to stalk him on there).