Re: minimal install

Hi Phill,

if you in a desperate need of a minimal install cd I can build one. But how should it look like ? A ubuntu minimal CD with all the deb packages using debian installer ? Or a minimal LiveCD with only lxde as a desktop that allows you to install the system with a cli installer ? The first one is a little pain of work. The second one not so much, as I already have a cli installer written for zevenos-neptune (debian based) that will also work flawessly on lubuntu if the dialog package is installed. And btw. I have build my own "remastersys" kind of tool called remaster-kit that also works flawlessly (yes I had bad experiences with remastersys) with lubuntu (as long as you know something about cli and chroot usage). As it is a kind of dry topic. I made a small video showing both tools. Here is the link: http://blip.tv/file/3612824 (Including a link for the source and deb) All in all I would think making a 'real' minimal InstallCD might be a better solution as it supports more installation methods and special configurations for LVM and encryption.

Have fun ;)