Re: questions about lubuntu-10.04.iso

Yeah, if there is enough RAM then (at least the LiveCD) the OS in full can
be put into RAM. Disk access is god slow compared to RAM so if we can get
the RAM off the slow media then the system will BLAZE as the drive will
never be accessed, this will however mean the selected contents of the
system due to be in RAM will need copying (either all at once or as it is
needed) to the RAM for future use.

Puppy has a cheat code to simply copy the OS from the CD in this way and
make it incredibly fast, at 80Mb for the ISO this can also be done on old
systems and they will run very well.