[Discussion] Minitube in Lubuntu Maverick?

Hello guys,

recently I discovered a neat little application called Minitube.
Minitube is a youtube client out of the browser, Flash is not required.
This could be very handy for very old computers, since Flash is an
enormous overkill on an old processor and is on average crap with cpu
usage on Linux anyways.

Website:

http://flavio.tordini.org/minitube

To install the now old 0.9:

Install minitube and the following packages with synaptic:

phonon-backend-gstreamer
gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg
gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad

- ----

To install the latest version (1.0, the Lucid repo contains 0.9):

- -sudo add-apt-repository ppa:neversfelde/ppa

Now refresh the repo and install Minitube and these packages:

phonon-backend-gstreamer
gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg
gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad

- --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pro´s:

- -Very pretty interface
- -Fast and pretty lightweight
- -No flash required, comes to the rescue for ancient computers

Con´s:

- -4 QT dependencies
- -Gstreamer dependencies (are these a problem?)

I think we should discuss this, because this:

- -Is lightweight
- -Makes the system more usable for users with old computers (Our aim)
- -Easy to use

- -Glenn

Follow ups