[Ubuntu Desktop] Required

Hi,

I guess this is more a question for Juliene, but one of things that has been
raised a few times on IRC is why lubuntu *insists *on having all the
packages that it does, for example you cannot remove Mplayer to free room up
and put an alternative on, nor xfburn if you wish brasserro. Whilst the list
of default packages is commendable, it does seem somewhat odd that none of
them may be removed without it taking out the whole of lubuntu.

The argument of 'more difficult to support' does not really stand, people
want to make their computer their own, the whole idea of *buntu is choice,
we can easily say that we cannot support xyz, but forcing people to have
applications on that they do not want seems odd.