Re: 64-bit install?

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 4:54 PM, Phillip Whiteside <phillw@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Bob,
> thanks for getting back, you are still the first one to confirm it works.
> The apt-get dist-upgrade could well be a bit of over-kill, but I'd rather it
> spend a few moments working out all is well in the world than miss it out
> and find out it is needed in certain circumstances :-)

Hi Phill,

My only concern about the dist-upgrade is that, well, somebody might
not *want* to do a distribution upgrade. :-)  They might inadvertently
do one because they think this one command is essential.  Or maybe I
just misunderstand the command myself?

I'm thinking that someone might be building their system based on
10.04, and 10.10 might be lurking and ready to pounce on them if they
issue this command?  Just thinking out loud. ;-)

Yes, it's a lovely distro!  I never boot anything else now.  I'm sure
I'm going to remove Ubuntu Gnome from my system, as it just sits there
now taking up space.  I really never go into it for anything.
Lubuntu, with a bit of idiosyncratic massaging on my part, is exactly
what I've been looking for.

Regards,
Bob