Re: 64-bit install?

On Wed, 02 Jun 2010 21:54:31 +0100, Phillip Whiteside <phillw@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Bob,

thanks for getting back, you are still the first one to confirm it works.
The apt-get dist-upgrade could well be a bit of over-kill, but I'd rather it
spend a few moments working out all is well in the world than miss it out
and find out it is needed in certain circumstances :-)

What, with Yorvyk having a method to run lubuntu with RAID, this 'little,
low resource for older computers' version of the Ubuntu family is certainly living up to my saying that although it is a low resource version, it is in no way a crippled one.

My RAID array is made up of 6 1.74GB HDDs for a total of 7.6GB, plus a 600MB HDD for boot and swap. Hardly worth it really but a good use for half a dozen old drives I had lying about. Better than them ending up in landfill.

P.S. I'd just like to add that I do appreciate the small team cannot support
people doing such 'odd' things to lubuntu, but you can all congratulate
yourselves on making one heck of a release.

--
Steve (Yorvyk)
http://lubuntu.net