Java/IcedTea not working in Chromium

I'm using Lubuntu 10.04 on my netbook, an Acer Aspire 110 with 512 megs of
RAM, and it's generally a pleasure.

I have one problem, though - the Java plugin seems not to be working in
Chromium. I want to play Runescape, the MMORPG at www.runescape.com.

What I'm getting is basically a blank (rather, black, the HTML background)
page where the Java applet should be.

I installed Java and the plugin by installing the
"ubuntu-restricted-extras" package which pulled the openjdk and icedtea
versions of Java and plugin. This works FINE in Firefox on Ubuntu 10.04 on
my other computer.

Anybody knows what's wrong or how to put it right? :-) Is there a problem
with Java and Chromium? Maybe not, though - epiphany seems to give the
same result (I won't install Firefox).

br
Carsten

Follow ups