Re: Java/IcedTea not working in Chromium

On Sun, 6 Jun 2010 04:22:58 -0400
"Carsten Agger" <agger@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm using Lubuntu 10.04 on my netbook, an Acer Aspire 110 with 512 megs of
> RAM, and it's generally a pleasure.
>
> I have one problem, though - the Java plugin seems not to be working in
> Chromium. I want to play Runescape, the MMORPG at www.runescape.com.
>
> What I'm getting is basically a blank (rather, black, the HTML background)
> page where the Java applet should be.
>
> I installed Java and the plugin by installing the
> "ubuntu-restricted-extras" package which pulled the openjdk and icedtea
> versions of Java and plugin. This works FINE in Firefox on Ubuntu 10.04 on
> my other computer.
>
> Anybody knows what's wrong or how to put it right? :-) Is there a problem
> with Java and Chromium? Maybe not, though - epiphany seems to give the
> same result (I won't install Firefox).

Try checking "about:plugins" in Chromium, and see if your Java plugin's being
detected by Chromium. Chances are that it wasn't installed properly though
(check update-alternatives --display mozilla-javaplugin.so, and that the
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libjavaplugin.so link isn't broken).

--
Kind regards,
Chow Loong Jin