Re: Hibernate/suspend doesn't work when closing lid

I don't know why it will not work, especially when the same function works
on my MSI Wind.
But I'm certain that Lubuntu also uses gnome-power-manager as its power
manager.

PS. You could try verbose mode of gnome-power-manager and redirect its
output to a file.
Do something like 'gnome-power-manager --verbose > gpm.log' and see what it
says.

This should also be done with kernel message buffer (dmesg), as it should
also have some information on what happens during suspending.