Re: Changing PDF viewer by default

Le dimanche 20 juin 2010 à 16:30 -0400, Bob Trevithick a écrit :
> Might we want to consider going to Google Docs for some of these
> things like PDF, Word Processing, Spreadsheet, and so on?  I don't see
> any good candidates for PDF aside from the ones already mentioned.
> There simply aren't very many out there, it would seem.
The problem with online ressources is that you absolutely need a
Internet connection all the time.
I also think that others OS take the decision to be focused on online
ressources, and are better designed that Lubuntu for this. Because if
you follow this path, you can remove most of your applications and only
keep the browser :-)

> Have we a good idea of what the minimum computer requirements should
> be for Lubuntu?  That would help in making some of these decisions.
> Personally, I don't think there are many people out there with 256K
> machines anymore.  I would expect the low-end machines to be the ones
> that were mainstream 3-5 years ago.. so figure at least 1 GHz and 1G
> of memory.  But maybe I'm all wet. :)

See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu#Intended Audience
FYI, my testing Lubuntu system is 3-5 years old, but it's a netbook with
only 512mb :-)