Re: Changing PDF viewer by default

Isn't Chromium getting native PDF support ?
Maybe we simply need to wait ;)

Am 20.06.2010 um 22:38 schrieb Yorvyk:

On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 22:05:14 +0200
Julien Lavergne <gilir@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

Maybe you already noticed it, but epdfviewer (the default pdf viewer)
have a huge memory leak. See
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/epdfview/+bug/570410

It makes it quite unusable, and I don't know if it will be fixed in the
futur.

I propose to change it. I don't know many alternatives, except evince
and xpdf. Evince use a bit more memory, but xpdf don't have a good UI,
and use a lot of CPU on my testing system. So, for now I'll prefer to
use evince.

Any other ideas, and any feedbacks/comments are welcome :) It's open to
discussion.

Forgot about that. Evince is far a far better option. I’ve been using it on my 128KiB machine and as long as the PDF isn’t huge it is quite OK

--
Steve Cook (Yorvyk)

http://lubuntu.net