Re: Slideshow for Lubuntu installation

On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 14:05:21 +0200
Julien Lavergne <gilir@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need help :)
>
> Currently, there is no slideshow when you install Lubuntu. Technically,
> it shouldn't be a problem. But we need some text to put on the slides :)
> I set up a wiki page for this, with proposal of slides :
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Developers/Slideshow
>
> I need some feedback about them :
> - if importants features are missing in the slideshow
> - if other slides are necessary, or if some are not needed
> - proposal for content of each slide
>
> Just a note, we are not sure which music player we will ship, so no need
> to add one for this yet.
>
> It will be nice to have the content ready quickly, to be able to
> translate it in many languages.
>
> Code if people want to test :
> https://code.launchpad.net/~gilir/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu/lubuntu
> Start ./test-slideshow.sh to test it.
>
> Comments are welcome :)

I get the following when I try to run it :-

steve@Cover:~/lubuntu$ ./test-slideshow.sh
mkdir -p ./build
cp -rL ./slideshows/lubuntu ./build
** Message: pygobject_register_sinkfunc is deprecated (GtkWindow)
** Message: pygobject_register_sinkfunc is deprecated (GtkInvisible)
** Message: pygobject_register_sinkfunc is deprecated (GtkObject)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./Slideshow.py", line 5, in <module>
    import webkit
ImportError: No module named webkit
steve@Cover:~/lubuntu$

--