Fwd: the bot and documenation

Hi gang,

well, after a couple of exchanges of bots, we now have a bot. (it is called
ubot5, so be please be polite to it).

As I stated earlier, the bot team ::cough:: official ubuntu are pretty kewl
with us updating it, so please have a play with it

!lubuntu   works
!terminal is all stuff not to do with lxde unless they follow the wiki link
which I updated today.
!lxterminal  is silent; I'm in the process of writing up the lxterminal wiki
page to standards.

You can not break the bot (or so they have told me), please have a play with
it using the parts of lubuntu you think it should answer, where it fails -
please :

1) give the text it should use
2) make the wiki page for it

phillw << listens for deafening silence.

Okay, just let me know what you think should be in 1) and 2) let us discuss
it and I will get it formatted up and propse it to be added to the bot.

The bad news? it's going to take some doing.
the good news ? hay, any room on on the whole of #ubuntu with a bot in, will
answer to !lubuntu

(01:24:06) phillw: !lubuntu
(01:24:07) ubot5: lubuntu is a project to create a derivative of Ubuntu
using the LXDE desktop environment. See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu

That will allow the bot to be called from people on rooms such as
#lubuntu-beginners etc.to be able to call up & give direction to people new
to lubuntu.

That we have attained the level of acceptance for firstly the main forum
area with the lubuntu tags, and now for a bot that can help easily someone
'baby sitting' the IRC is a testament to the level of good will towards this
project.

phillw << still awaiting volunteers to be on the IRC -- So, those of you who
are not programmers, and want to learn about lubuntu, come into the channel,
asK the bot about the prgrammes we use.

Now, i have no guarantee of any 'factoids' being added, that has to be
approved, but the better that they are the greater our chance of them being
accepted.

Another nice part of having the bot is

(02:56:57) phillw: !language
(02:56:57) ubot5: Please watch your language and topic to help keep this
channel family friendly.