Re: A lightweight presentation application for Lubuntu?

Hi John,

Which is why I suggested just installing presenter. For Lubuntu  the mission
statement is:

Lubuntu is targeted at "normal" PC users running on low-spec hardware. Such
> users may not know how to use command line tools, and in most cases they
> just don't have enough resources for all the bells and whistles of the
> "full-featured" mainstream distributions.

A Pentium II or Celeron system with 128 Mb RAM is probably a bottom-line
configuration that may yield slow yet usable system with Lubuntu. It should
be possible to install and run Lubuntu with less memory, but the result will
likely not be suitable for practical use. If you have less than 160 Mb RAM,
you will need to use the Minimal installation
instructions<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/DocumentationHelp#Minimal%20Install>.
Please note that especially on lower powered machines (older CPU's) or low
RAM systems, that the installation may seem to 'hang' at about 95%, don't
worry, it has not; it can just take some time (possibly over an hour).

By that deffintion, power point is not going to happen.
The second reason is that all our software is free :-)

Installation of sections of OOo are quite easy. What people 'do' to lubuntu
is entirely up to them (What some of us have been up to
http://forum.phillw.net/viewforum.php?f=18). If you have look at
http://forum.phillw.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=52 you will get an idea of the
differences within the family. Do not forget, as *buntu is Debian based, you
can put on any programme easily.

Lubuntu <> Mint

Lubuntu == https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu