Re: Boot problem on Lubuntu 10.04

On Thursday 19,August,2010 04:04 AM, Jean-Pierre Vidal Piesset wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Today when i turned on my pc, this screen
> appeared http://picasaweb.google.com/jpxsat/PublicStuff#5506840995428130354
>
> I've done nothing weird lately (or ever). When i type 'help', 40
> commands appear, but don't know what to use...
>
> Hope somebody can help me!
>

> Ps: i tried to report this
> on https://bugs.launchpad.net/~lubuntu-desktop but don't know where to
> do it :(
>

> --
> jpxsat
> Ubuntu user #29.157

Salut Jena-Pierre,

The error messages seem to indicate that your root partition is not
mounting properly. I would suspect hardware failure, but your system
loaded the kernel if it got this far. Do you have only one hard disk in
your system?

After you see this error message, do you get a command prompt?

In either case, my first instinct would be to boot off of a live CD (the
Lubuntu live CD will do fine) and see if you can mount the hard disk
partitions, and/or at least fun the command fsck on the hard disk
partitions.

See this article for more information on fsck:

http://linux.about.com/od/commands/l/blcmdl8_fsck_.htm

BTW, this looks like an error on your computer, not a bug. So, no need
to file a bug report at this time.

Regards
David