Re: Update for libfm in Lubuntu PPA

On 08/23/2010 04:19 PM, Julien Lavergne wrote:

Le 23 août 2010 à 05:18, Goh Lip<g.lip@xxxxxxx>  a écrit :

Thanks, Julien. There is one more thing I had forgotten to bring up. Whenever there is a kernel update, the system does not automatically generate a new grub.cfg. But I noticed that initramfs is done alright. You might want to check if there is something amiss.

Regards - Goh Lip

There is no specific change on the kernel side for Lubuntu. It could be a Ubuntu general problem that you could report directly on Launchpad.

Lubuntu Maverick

uname -a
2.6.35-17-generic

Was
2.6.35-16-generic
was
2.6.35-15-generic
was
2.6.35-14-generic

applies to all *ubuntu, but in the case for other *ubuntu, grub.cfg was updated, never Lubuntu.

To verify, check your /boot/grub
ls /boot/

and check against grub.cfg
cat /boot/grub/grub.cfg

Is the latest 2.6.35-17-generic there?

Of course updating grub.cfg is a simple matter. Just pointing out that it wasn't automatically done (unlike other *ubuntu's), so new users may still be booting up older kernels.

Hope this is clear.

Regards - Goh Lip