Re: Video Problem

Well This is my first post on here in a while so here goes. A lot of the older ATI Radeon Cards don't work as well now because, AMD (ATI) collected all the older drivers and made a universal legacy to cover all the older drivers. Unfortunately my ATI doesn't work as well on Windows XP either anymore. I've tried an number of Linux Distributions (Fedora, PCLinuxOS, Debian, Ubuntu, and of course Lubuntu. This seems to be a problem across Linux, not just relating to *ubuntu's

For More info on this have a look on ATI website.

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/737-28041SupportforATIMobility.asp

Also This is a quote directly from the site

AMD has moved a number of DX9 ATI Radeon^(TM) graphics accelerators products to a legacy driver support structure. This change impacts Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Linux distributions. AMD has moved to a legacy software support structure for these graphics accelerator products in an effort to better focus development resources on future products.

The following products have been moved to the legacy software support structure (including Mobile and All-in-Wonder Variants):

PS I have an AGP 8x ATI Radeon 9700 Pro - 128Mb